There is nothing quite like a creamy yet savoury rice dish. This dish will require some TLC but it is more than worth it! You can use regular milk or cream and it will still taste like heaven. Remember to serve and eat it fast so it doesn’t cool down, it is best served hot!
- 20gm Fresh black truffle
- 2 litres Chicken Stock
- 50 gm Unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500gm Rice – Carnaroli is best, however Arborio is fine
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 150gm Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 100gm Truffle butter at room temp cut into pieces.
- Melt butter in a 30cm frying pan over medium-high heat.
Cook onion until soft and translucent.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- Add the rice to the onion and stir for about a minute, grains should become translucent.
Add the wine and stir until it has completely evaporated.
- Add a ladle of boiling stock and simmer, stirring until the liquid is almost entirely absorbed.
Keep adding the stock until the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat, add grated cheese and truffle butter, mixing well.
Cover and rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve into 4 equal dishes and shave truffle over each.