What can taste better than a high quality pasta in a rich creamy sauce? Do it like that but add some Black Truffle into the mix for a deep and powerful flavour which will win over the most picky eaters you serve it to! This is the type of dish you will pay hundreds for our in a high end restaurant!
Tagliatelle and Black Truffle Cream Sauce
- 30gm Fresh black truffle
- 3 cups Thickened cream
- 8 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 100gm Chanterelle or oyster mushrooms (halved)
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1 tsp Minced thyme
- 500gm Fresh tagliatelle
- 1/3 cup Grated Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese, Watercress, trimmed freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- Mince 1/3 of truffle, stir into cream. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight
- Melt butter in a 30cm frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic until golden, 6-8 minutes.
- Add wine and thyme, cook 8 minutes.
- Add truffle cream; simmer until thickened, 10-12 minutes.
- Cook tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain pasta, add to pan.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Garnish with watercress, Pecorino, shave remaining truffle over the top.