Scrambled Eggs is an old Aussie Favourite! Its a simple food which can be eaten any time or day and is often relied upon for a strong intake of protein in the diet. However it can become boring and bland. Making Truffled Scrambled Eggs is a great answer to that problem!
Truffled Scrambled Eggs
- 30gm Fresh black truffle
- 6 Free range eggs (infused with fresh truffle for at least 24 hours)
- 10gm Unsalted butter
- 2tbsp Thickened cream
- 2 tsp Chopped chives
- Freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 slices sourdough
- Watercress sprigs, to serve
- Gently whisk the infused eggs, cream, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl until fully combined.
- Melt butter in a 30cm frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming.
- Add egg mixture and swirl over pan base, cook without stirring for 30 seconds, then gently stir egg using a spatula for 2-3 minutes until almost set. Remove from heat.
- To serve, place the toasted sourdough on serving plates and divide over the scrambled eggs.
- Shave fresh black truffle over each whilst still hot to allow the full flavour and aroma to be released.
- Serve with sprigs of watercress.